Our team works in –
- All aspects of passenger safety.
- Rollingstock design – ergonomics, maintenance, safety (both existing and future products).
- Driver’s cabins – seating, control systems, access, and task loading.
- Passenger spaces – access, seating and DDA.
- Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI).
- Public transport customer ticketing systems.
- Control room design – new and existing.
- Disability access compliance – all areas.
- Incident investigations.
- Tailored training for operational and office staff.
Transport Industry Experience
We have a proven track record with government and private transport authorities, operators and contractors, including Department of Transport Victoria, Transport for NSW, Yarra Trams, Metro Trains, V/Line, Downer Group, Qantas, RAAF and AirServices Australia.
Projects we have delivered include:
- Safety and ergonomics review of Myki equipment in B2, C1, C2, D1 and D2-class trams.
- Studies on master controller forces, seat adjustment ranges and mirror heights in E-class trams.
- Assessment of drivers’ cabin seating in various trams including C1-class, E-class, and B2-class trams.
- Assessment of vehicle body roll and suspected track contribution.
- Ergonomics advice on new tram passenger information system implemented in A-Class trams.
- Clearances for passengers, step access, step lighting, passenger seating.
- Ergonomics assessment of electronic gong upgrade in A-class and Z3-class trams.
- Ergonomics and safety review of Enhanced Automatic Points (EAP) system and console of C1, C2, D1, D2 and W8-class trams.
- Lighting review on steps of B-class trams.
- Ergonomics review of proposed in-train Vlocity 4G mobile repeater system.
- Manual handling and ergonomics assessment of radio installations at various train stations
- Ergonomics assessment of Communications Control Unit (CCU) placement in Sprinter trains as part of requirement maintenance activities
- Assessment of Z3-class tram driver’s cabins and access.
- Disability Access compliance throughout railway stations.
- Ergonomics assessment of new generation VLocity train driver’s cabin.
- Ergonomics assessment of VLocity train driver’s cabin dash panel, control layout and drivers seat.
- Lighting assessment of V/Line Integrated Operations Centre in Melbourne.
- Workstation ergonomics assessments and workstation setup information sessions for office staff.
- Optimisation of console arrangements for control tower air traffic controllers.
- Virtual ergonomics assessment of proposed civil and military air traffic control system.
- Improved pilot crew rest facilities for new ultra-long distance aircraft.
- Risk assessment of Qantas Boeing 737 carry-on luggage handling.
- Improved aircraft galley processes.
Ergonomics assessments of vehicles
- Ergonomics assessment of driver’s seat and cabin in prime movers, trucks, heavy and passenger vehicles.
- Ergonomics assessment of new fleet vehicles for train signals maintenance.
- Assessment of fleet cars for suitability to all staff.
- Assessment of optimal vehicle for handling items.