An introduction to ergonomics and safety, Ergonomics Essentials is practical and specific, designed to make work safer, more comfortable and productive.
This course covers the essentials of ergonomics and workplace safety, including:
- An outline of current safety legislation;
- How ergonomics is used to improve work;
- How to identify risks;
- How to prioritise risks;
- How to develop a safety action plan.
Attendees will learn how work can be made safe, more comfortable and productive by understanding the human factors present in work tasks, communication and planning. Body sizing, human strength, the limitations of the senses, and strain injury avoidance are all addresses. Attendees will be able to:
- Set up their workstation and seating to be ergonomically sound;
- Understand various elements of a good ergonomic work setting;
- Identify risks present in the environment and work tasks;
- Understand and implement risk avoidance practices;
- Understand the laws applying to manual handling and risk prevention.
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who has responsibility for any aspect of workplace safety or workplace layout. The course can be delivered for:
- Office based environments
- Field workers/factory environment
One half day. Available in capital cities, and regionally by arrangement.
This course can be extended to a full day, offering the opportunity for field inspections and practical work.