22 May, 2014
Current Australian workplace legislation and guidance:
- Australia-wide legislation: the Australasian Legal Information Institute or Lawlex are good.
The Federal Register of Legislation site also has State and territorial legislation. Findlaw is a general resource on legal advice, finding lawyers, legislation and case reports.
- Victorian laws led the way for much of Australia’s OH&S reforming legislation.This site has links to legislation, Codes and related material.
- New South Wales: the NSW Law and Justice Foundation (has links
to most other main databases, plus some judgements).
- West Australian-based legislation and information (the site includes links to other jurisdictions)
- Queensland: legislation, advisory Codes, etc
- South Australian: OH&S laws
- Northern Territory legislation
- Commonwealth OH&S Legislation and guidance material.
State WorkCover or equivalent Authorities:
- NSW: www.workcover.nsw.gov.au
- VIC: www.workcover.vic.gov.au
- ACT: www.worksafe.act.gov.au
- TAS: www.worksafe.tas.gov.au
- SA: www.safework.sa.gov.au
- WA: www.workcover.wa.gov.au
- NT: Northern Territory Work Health Authority
- QLD: www.worksafe.qld.gov.au
- COMCARE (Commonwealth Government): www.comcare.gov.au
- Standards Australia : www.standards.com.au
- International Standards Organization (ISO): www.iso.ch
- NOHSC (National Occupational Health and Safety Commission)
NIOSH (in the USA)
NIH (in the USA)