About Dohrmann Consulting
Established in 1981, Dohrmann Consulting are Australia’s leading safety and ergonomics experts.
Our mission is to improve the safety, comfort and efficiency of our clients’ workplaces, products and systems and, in so doing, improve people’s lives. We value trust, integrity, teamwork and expertise.
We are a friendly and hard-working team who share a love of continual learning, enjoy the challenge of doing good and interesting work and are driven by helping our clients and supporting each other.
We offer a flexible work environment, a supportive culture, a competitive salary with regular bonuses, easy transport access and free parking at our Flemington office.
We also offer free lunch in the Dohrmann HQ kitchen!
We have unique capabilities in ergonomics, human factors, forensic investigation, engineering, biomechanics and physiotherapy. We apply our specialised knowledge to solving ergonomics and safety problems for clients and to providing expert liability opinion in personal injury cases, and we are known for delivering clearly communicated, practical, client-focused advice.
We are now seeking an experienced Senior Ergonomist to join our team.
Interested? Please read on.
We are seeking a smart, sociable ergonomist experienced in workplace assessment, user-centred design, incident investigation, human factors, and creative problem solving.
Reporting to our Operations Manager, your exact mix of work will be driven by your professional background and interests, and business needs.
When you work with us you will deepen your safety knowledge, broaden your consulting skills, work in fascinating work environments, and work on interesting problems with great people.
Initially you will be paired to and work closely with other DC experts and assist them in the provision of their reports in personal injury matters. With our extensive in-house support and training, however, you will sign off on your own expert reports as you develop the skills essential to produce admissible expert evidence.
Typical incident investigations involve analysing matters concerning:
- strain injuries (manual handling & overuse/RSI);
- plant (fixed and mobile) and machinery incidents;
- slips, trips and falls; or,
- product failures.
Separately, you will also deliver ergonomics and safety consulting projects for clients. Typical projects include:
- ergonomics assessments of workplaces, processes, or products;
- ergonomics evaluations of and advice on building, equipment, product and process designs;
- workplace safety audits and inspections;
- manual handling risk assessments; or,
- ergonomics and safety training.
To learn more about us (including links to recent legal judgments where our experts have given evidence and to some of our recent consulting projects), visit us at ergonomics.com.au.
You must have or hold (at minimum):
- an undergraduate degree in any of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, human movement, biomechanics, engineering, science or a relevant ergonomics-related discipline;
- post-graduate qualifications or relevant work experience in any of:
- Ergonomics/human factors;
- Biomedical/rehabilitation/risk engineering;
- Work Health and Safety; and/or
- a related health science.
- seven (7) years relevant professional experience;
- experience in incident investigation and/or product or system failure analysis; and,
- experience in developing practical solutions to safety (or similar technical) problems
You will also have:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to:
- write clear and succinct reports which effectively communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences. We read cover letters!
- think and talk clearly on your feet.
- demonstrated working knowledge of relevant human capabilities, limits and abilities; and,
- demonstrated experience in applying relevant OHS and Australian Standards to problems.
We will favourably view candidates with or seeking to achieve Certified Professional Ergonomist status with the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia (HFESA), or equivalent.
We value diversity at Dohrmann Consulting. Accordingly, we look for people who have had a broad range of life and business experiences throughout their career.
To apply, please submit your résumé and a cover letter which specifically responds to the above role requirements via seek.com.au