Tom Dohrmann is a Registered Professional Engineer and safety specialist with practical experience in product design engineering, risk management and control, as well as the application of ergonomics and human factors.
As operations manager, Tom oversees a team of qualified engineers and ergonomists in delivering practical safety and ergonomics improvement solutions to organisations across a diverse range of industries and workplaces.
Using his broad experience in occupational health and safety, ergonomics and injury prevention, Tom advises organisations on safe systems, processes and equipment use, aimed at enhancing safety, comfort and productivity.
Some examples of his consulting work include:
- CAD-based ergonomic assessments of air traffic control consoles and tram driver cabins
- Accessibility (AS1657) and general safety audits of asphalt, recycling and engineered timber plants
- Ergonomic study and risk assessment of popular tourist train’s strategy to allow children to sit on carriages’ windowsills
Tom is a competent and thorough incident investigator and regularly provides expert opinion in personal injury matters. He specialises particularly in slips, trips and falls, plant and machinery incidents, playgrounds or amusement park incidents and product failures.
Some examples of over 100 incidents where Tom has provided expert opinion:
- Falls on stairs, trips on unseen hazards in public walkways, falls from ladders and scaffolds, slips on wet surfaces
- Machine guarding, plant failure or unintended action, suspended loads, systems of work
- Playgrounds, slides and amusement rides, such as toboggans
Tom is a Registered Professional Engineer (Mechanical) and holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical).
His interests include photography, making chilli sauce, collecting movies and TV shows, and useless gadgets from wish.com.
Memberships, Societies and Associations
- Member of the Forensic Engineers Society of Australia (FESA)
- Registered Professional Engineer (Mechanical), Professional Engineers Austalia
Tel: (03) 9376 1844