Ted Dohrmann is a highly regarded health and safety specialist, qualified mechanical and manufacturing engineer and Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE). He provides practical and useful risk management advice to organisations in matters of safety, ergonomics, design and usability.
Ted has led our team since 2014.
With extensive experience across a broad range of industries, Ted works with organisations to develop practical solutions to ergonomics and safety problems. These solutions are always aimed at injury prevention, and improved performance and comfort.
Some examples of his work include:
- Improved gas processing plant control room designs (Beach Energy, Origin)
- Enhanced cabin and seating arrangements for tram drivers (Yarra Trams, various classes)
- Improved pilot crew rest facilities for new ultra-long distance aircraft (Qantas, Sydney)
- Optimisation of console arrangements for control tower air traffic controllers (Airservices, Sydney Airport)
- Improved front of house bank branch designs (HSBC, Australia)
- Safer warehouse stock handling systems (Dulux, Melbourne)
A regular speaker and trainer, Ted often presents at various state and national industry conferences and events.
Ted is regularly engaged by solicitors to provide expert liability opinion in personal injury matters, which often also requires him to give evidence in court. Instructors know him as a clear, independent, and convincing expert witness, having successfully appeared in several jurisdictions in both jury and judge-alone matters.
Some examples of cases where Ted has provided expert opinion in court:
Ted holds a Bachelor of Engineering (mechanical and manufacturing) and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne. He also holds a Graduate Diploma of Ergonomics from the University of Queensland.
When he is not in the office, Ted is on the stands cheering on his beloved AFL team, the Demons! He adores his family (including Barry the dog) and keeps active with regular morning swims and bike rides.
Awards & Achievements
- 2018: Awarded Honorary Fellow at the School of Biomedical Engineering, The University of Melbourne
- 2011: Awarded HFESA’s David Ferguson Award
- 2010: Placed on the Dean’s List for academic excellence
Memberships, Societies and Associations
- Member of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia (HFESA) – Certified Professional Ergonomist
- Member of Forensic Engineers Society of Australia (FESA)
- Member of Australian Lawyers Association
- Member of Australian Insurance Law Association
Tel: (03) 9376 1844