SENIOR CONSULTING ENGINEER
George is a qualified multidisciplinary engineer with diverse practical experience in safety and mechanical, electrical and civil engineering.
Having held several technical roles across Toyota Motor Corporate Australia over a period of 30 years, George is highly adept in manufacturing processes and equipment, operational and resource optimisation, environmental management, failure analysis, as well as safety and regulatory compliance.
George also served over a decade in the Navy and Army Reserve in various positions, adding to his invaluable leadership and problem-solving skills.
Using his broad experience in occupational health and safety, operational efficiency and risk management, George advises organisations on safe systems, processes and equipment use, aimed at enhancing safety, comfort and productivity.
Some examples of his previous work include:
- Managing building construction work for automotive manufacturing site
- Manufacturing process equipment buy-off, installation, commissioning and production trials
- Manufacturing operational efficiencies, process improvement, resource optimisation, cost and time reductions
- Investigating root causes of incidents and developing risk controls based on the hierarchy of risk controls
- Safety management systems audits and compliance
- Compliance to OH&S, safety and building regulations
- Development and implementation of strategic safety management systems and technical governance policies
George’s strong methodical approach and safety leadership enables him to lead thorough incident investigations. He provides expert opinion in personal injury matters specialising in automotive engineering, product failures, and machinery and plant incidents.
Away from the office, George’s interests include spending time with grand-children and being outdoors predominantly gardening, hiking and fishing being his other passions.
Awards & Achievements
- 2017: Led the delivery of innovative technology with the introduction of the first mobile high pressure hydrogen refuelling station in Australia for the Mirai “HFCV – Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle”
- 2017: Nominated for the Toyota Global Safety Excellence Award
- 2014 – 2016: Awarded an unprecedented three consecutive Toyota Global Safety Kiazen awards – 2014, 2015, 2016
Memberships, Societies and Associations
- An active member of Forensic Engineers Society of Australia (FESA)
Tel: (03) 9376 1844