Dave Harry is a qualified ergonomist, registered physiotherapist and safety specialist with practical experience in the application of human factors principles to optimise safety, comfort and efficiency.
He has extensive experience in delivering ergonomics, safety and manual task injury prevention solutions and training programs to a diverse range of industries including multi-national manufacturing companies, oil and gas, federal government agencies, healthcare and aged-care providers along with small, medium and large private enterprises.
Using his practical and collaborative, evidence-based approach to ergonomics and safety, Dave works closely with clients to help solve their work health and safety ergonomics requirements.
Some examples of his work include:
- Manual handling hazard identification and risk assessments
- Ergonomic workplace design and layout advisory
- Ergonomic advisory in product and process development and procurement
- Auditing and developing manual handling risk management systems
Dave is an experienced incident investigator and delivers expert opinion in personal injury litigations, specialising in matters relating to manual handling and strain injuries.
Dave holds a Bachelor of Ergonomics (Safety & Health) and a Bachelor of Physiotherapy.
David enjoys spending time with his wife, family, friends and two large dogs. He loves travelling to national parks where he likes to put his amateur photography skills to the test, primarily capturing the beauty of landscapes and wildlife.
Awards & Achievements
- 2019 – Current: Victorian Branch Committee Member of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia (HFESA)
- 2009 – 2012: Committee Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association’s Occupational Health Group
- 2013: Developed a chapter on ‘Workplace Health’ for the health and wellness book Get yourself back in motion by Jason Smith, CEO of Back in Motion Health Group
- 2010: Received the national prize for innovation from the Back In Motion Health Group
Memberships, Societies and Associations
- An active member of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia (HFESA)
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA)
Tel: (03) 9376 1844